Manama, Bahrain | +973 38380450 | firstname.lastname@example.org | https://www.linkedin.com/in/naweed
Solution Architect and Innovations Technical Lead
Technically sophisticated professional with hands-on experience delivering technical projects within challenging environments. Record of success in developing and implementing robust processes and systems in line with strategic vision of the business. Possess in-depth knowledge of software development and system architecture with exposure to Windows, Web, and Mobile applications. Adept at streamlining operations in line with project requirements to ensure smooth work flow. Fluent communicator, expert in motivating team members, training new staff, and building strong relations with clients and management. Certified Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) and Enterprise Architect (TOGAF 9). Proficient in Salesforce, ServiceNow, K2 BPM, Informatica IICS, .NET, Xamarin, SQL, and Excel.
Areas of Expertise
- IT Project Management
- System Deployment
- Solutions Delivery
- Problem Resolution
- Team Building & Training
- System Architecture
- Process Re-engineering
- Relationship Management
- Market Research & Analysis
- Fintech Solutions
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Policies & Procedures
- Stakeholder Engagement
INVESTCORP HOLDINGS, Bahrain
| Dec 2004 to Present
|Solution Architect and Innovations Technical Lead (Jan 2020 to Present)
Explore and evaluate the latest innovations and trends in the Fintech space, identify solutions matching business goals, conduct POCs with help from partners to establish fitment to business needs, propose findings/solutions to the management, and implement in line with firm’s digital transformation strategy.
- Currently implementing Dist-Reg-Tech solution “iCapital Network”, a leading financial technology platform driving access and efficiency in alternative investing for the asset and wealth management industries. This solution aims to increase current client base by 10% and boost firm’s AUM by 30% in next 2 years. The solution is being rolled out (in phases) across all geographies with emphasis on building a strong distribution partner network to cross-sell Investcorp products to sizeable, growing and underpenetrated private wealth market globally, while enhancing the current high-touch client services approach to our institutional and ultra-high-net-worth investor base.
- Currently leading a team of consultants in implementing a mobile version of the iPartner’s Investor Portal (aka Digital Communication Platform). The objective is to provide up-to-date investment monitoring to our clients on their mobile devices, while allowing frictionless onboarding of new customers using the latest ID&V technologies and one-click subscription to new opportunities.
- Implemented state-of-the-art Investor Portal using Salesforce Community and Einstein Analytics to provide up-to-date investment portfolio monitoring to our clients. This portal is part of the omni-channel digital brand of Investcorp (“iPartners”), and also serves as a powerful marketing tool to promote iPartner’s brand, onboarding of new customers and open cross-selling opportunities across asset classes.
|Project Manager & System Architect (Jan 2008 to Dec 2019)
Ensure efficient and effective supervision of IT projects, system architecture, and solutions delivery. Supervise and complete a wide range of projects within time, budget and as per requirements. Formulated detailed reports on project progress and submitted to management for consideration.
- Executed a data architecture project which included review of the-then current data environment, and designed key physical components of the new data terrain (operational and reporting), reducing data redundancy and improving data consistency in the process through use of an MDM solution.
- Implemented AssistEdge RPA solution across the firm, aiming to automate majority of the routine/mundane tasks for more efficient results, along with testing automation of key back-end systems.
- Implemented Informatica’s Integration platform (Data Integration, Application Integration and Integration Hub) to streamline connectivity between legacy on-premise and cloud hosted applications. This is part of a broader API Management strategy (currently under implementation).
- Conducted detailed studies on processes to replace or implement new systems. Some of the studies included: alternative asset management system, robotic process automation platform, integration platform, procure-to-pay system, and business process management solution. The studies involved circulating RFPs, evaluating products, conducting POCs, and recommending solutions.
- Enhanced software development methodologies and technologies across the firm. Created comprehensive SDLC documents for seamless execution of IT projects and change requests.
- Formulated a project management process manual, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Contributed in firm-wide application discovery project, which included discovery of applications within Investcorp since 1998; identified inefficiencies within the-then current application portfolio and formulated strategy for future application landscape within the organization.
- Implemented a firm-wide business process automation solution (K2 BPMS). K2 was later used to automated critical business processes in the firm.
- Executed client asset management solution using the K2 BPMS. Understood business requirements and translated business processes into systematic workflows.
- Worked with team members to deploy enterprise-wide CRM system (Salesforce). Analyzed functional requirements of LOBs, formulated best CRM practices, and configured system to meet business needs.
- Implemented various core-banking systems: 3i InfoTech Frameworks, Sungard Quantum and BancWare FocusALM. Understood business requirements, re-engineered processes (where applicable), and configured/extended/integrated systems as per requirements.
|Analyst / Programmer (Contracted - Dec 2004 to Dec 2007)
Responsible for design and development of LOB applications with the support of developers. Coordinated with team members on routine basis to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Designed & developed a comprehensive workflow system to manage invoice and payment processing to vendors through automated OCR, wire payments and integration with general ledger system.
- Developed a Know-Your-Customer system to support compliance team to perform client onboarding and ongoing KYC to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations across the Gulf region.
- Developed a financial institution CRM portal (a simplified version of today’s Salesforce CRM).
- Designed and developed a fully-functional asset/liability management system, which included generating balance sheet from perspective of liquidity and repricing.
|Analyst/Programmer at Techno Serv, Bahrain
||Oct 2000 to Nov 2004
|Corporate Trainer at Microcenter Institute of Technology, Bahrain
||Mar 2001 to Jun 2002
|Software Engineer at SOMAC IT, Saudi Arabia
||Feb 2000 to Sep 2000
Education & Certification
|Oxford Fintech Programme (University of Oxford)
|MBA – Finance (University of Bahrain)
|B.Sc. – Computer Science (University of Bahrain)
Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) | Enterprise Architect (TOGAF 9.2) | ITIL | K2 BPM | Salesforce Developer | Xamarin Mobile Developer | Microsoft and Java Certified Developer
Speaker at Microsoft and Xamarin events | Mentored Microsoft Imagine Cup finalists | Open-source contributor | Hobbyist Windows 10, Android and iOS developer